Marvel Studios is a film and television production company that is best known for producing the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), a series of interconnected superhero movies and TV shows based on characters from Marvel Comics. Here is a brief history of Marvel Studios and the MCU:
- Marvel Studios was founded in 1993 by Avi Arad, a former executive at Toy Biz, and his business partner, Kevin Feige. The company was initially focused on producing animated TV shows and direct-to-video movies based on Marvel Comics characters.
- In 2005, Marvel Studios was acquired by The Walt Disney Company, which gave the company greater financial resources and access to a wider range of creative talent.
- Marvel Studios began developing the MCU in 2008 with the release of “Iron Man,” directed by Jon Favreau and starring Robert Downey Jr. The movie was a critical and commercial success, grossing over $585 million worldwide.
- In the years that followed, Marvel Studios released a series of interconnected movies, including “The Incredible Hulk,” “Iron Man 2,” “Thor,” “Captain America: The First Avenger,” and “The Avengers.” These movies introduced a number of iconic Marvel Comics characters to movie audiences and established the shared universe concept that would become a hallmark of the MCU.
- The success of the MCU continued with the release of Phase Two movies, including “Iron Man 3,” “Thor: The Dark World,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” and “Guardians of the Galaxy.” The Phase Two movies also introduced new characters, such as Ant-Man, who would play a larger role in future MCU movies.
- In 2015, Marvel Studios began Phase Three of the MCU with the release of “Captain America: Civil War,” which introduced the character of Spider-Man to the MCU. The Phase Three movies included some of the most successful and critically acclaimed MCU movies, including “Black Panther,” “Thor: Ragnarok,” “Avengers: Infinity War,” and “Avengers: Endgame.”
- In addition to the movies, Marvel Studios has produced several successful TV shows, including “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” and “Daredevil,” and more recently, “WandaVision,” “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier,” and “Loki.”
- As of 2021, Marvel Studios continues to produce new MCU movies and TV shows, with a lineup that includes “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings,” “Eternals,” and “Spider-Man: No Way Home”.
- In 2022 Marvel Studio released three movies that includes “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” “Thor: Love and Thunder” and “Black Panther Wakanda Forever”, and on this movie there was the end of the 4th phase of MCU.
- As now in 7 February 2023 Marvel Studio released “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumnia” which is the first movie of the 5th phase, which is screening on the theater throughout the world.
- There are two upcoming movies of Marvel Studio which will be released in 2023, includes “Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3” and “The Marvels”.
- In 2024 Marvel Studio will release four movies three will include in the fifth phase while the last one will be included in the sixth phase, the dour movies includes “Captain America: New World Order”, “Thunderbolts”, “Blade” and “Dead pool 3”.
- In 2026 there will two movies of MCU’s will be released which will be include in the phase sixth, The movies include are “Fantastic Four” and “Avengers: The Kang Dynasty”.
While in 2026 only a single movie is confirmed which will be released in 2026 included in the phase six. While there are some movies which released date not defined.